From the best chia seeds to walnuts, more and more Americans are looking for the most nutritional ways to get the protein and fiber that they need. In a time when more and more Americans are trying to eat organic and avoid preservatives, it should come as no surprise that raw macadamia nuts, white chia seeds, and cashews are growing increasingly popular.
Finding a way to get the nutritional value you need without over consuming calories is a trick that more and more Americans are trying to achieve. Whether you are just figuring out pecan benefits or you are looking for ways to understand the nutritional value of nuts or you are looking to try different types of walnuts, exploring the options of eating healthy continue to be of interest to many Americans.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the best chia seeds, peanuts, and the other nut products that play an important part in the diets of many Americans as well as the economy of the nation:
- A significant portion of the recommended daily intake, a single ounce of chia seeds contains 11 grams of fiber.
- Macadamia nuts contains about 2.3 grams of fiber in a single ounce.
- Participants who eat nuts at least two times a week are 31% less likely to gain weight than those who never or almost never ate nuts, according to a study involving 8,865 men and women in the country of Spain.
- 38% of all walnuts are grown in the U.S., according to the latest trade statistics.
- Two servings of nuts per day is helpful in fighting against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, according to research from Harvard.
- One eight-week study of 64 healthy young adults indicated that eating walnuts improved comprehension. In fact, several studies have shown that eating nuts may improve brain function.
Finding the way to eat a healthy diet in a world full of unhealthy choices can be a challenge. Instead of filling yourself with empty calories, it just makes sense to take the time to find a nutritional option that can help you find a healthier option than a bag of pretzels.